What Are The Biggest Athletics Tracks?
Athletics is one of the oldest sports in the world on a track or field. In these games, athletes demonstrate their ability to run, walk, jump and throw. Such events have received widespread interest throughout the world throughout the ages. The first known race was held in Egypt in 3800 BC. Athletics requires the full use of man’s power and ability. Athletes compete with each other, while at the same time recognizing the limits of their own strengths and abilities, trying to improve them. Time, distance and height have differentiated athletics from other sports. As the limiting factors are overcome day by day, the farther away and the higher the heights, the new records are broken and athletics become more attractive and popular in the world. There are athletics tracks all over the world. Together we will examine where the largest athletics tracks are today. But first, let’s learn more about athletics. Hatko Sport manufacturing Athletic Track Surfacing systems with special materials.
Athletics is generally divided into 3 main branches. These are running, walking and area (throw-jump).
- Running: It consists of short distance, medium distance, long distance, hurdles and flag running. These races are held indoors, in the countryside, on roads or on open air tracks.
The marathon is a strength run on long-distance (42,195 m), hard-footed roads. It was named after a messenger who came to Athens from the Marathon Plain during the Marathon War in ancient Greece. It was first staged at the Athens Olympic Games in 1896, and in 1924 it was adopted to be 42,195 m. Since 1992, the international amateur athletics federation has organized a half marathon world championship at 21,100 m. Because the marathon tracks are not of the same nature, there is no record of the world record, only the best rating. The Eurasian Marathon held every year in our country shows great organizational features in recent years, but it is not in demand by the world’s leading marathoners because of the great prizes that cannot be awarded.
- Gait / Walking: As a rule in this branch of the foot thrown forward, the remaining foot from the ground should touch the ground. You need to take steps without breaking your feet inside. Otherwise, the referees will disqualify the athlete. It is forbidden to have both feet in the air. 10 km for women and 20 and 50 km for men.
What are the Types of Field Races?
- Field Races: (Throw – Jump) There are many types. It covers all other sports that can be done on the track.
- One step jump (long jump) is carried out from a distance of approximately 45 meters to the pool filled with fine sand. The last track left by the jumper after the springboard is the valid measuring distance.
- There are three stages of jumping three steps: In the first step, the athlete steps down with his foot, in the second step he goes down on the other foot and makes his third jump with this foot.
- In a high jump, the athlete turns and passes the bar back to back after jumping up.
- In the pole vault, the athlete grasps the pole with both hands and runs to the lath. Taking the pole into the V-shaped box at the bottom of the lath, he throws himself upwards and leaves the pole as he passes over the lath.
- In shot put, shot put is thrown from a shoulder with arm movement from inside a circle of 2.1 meters diameter. The ball-shaped cannon made of metal weighs 7.26 kg for men and 4 kg for women.
- 26 kg metal ball is used for hammering. The hammer consists of a ring to which this ball is connected by a piece of wire. The athlete grasps this ring with his hand and throws the hammer. The shot is made of a 2.1 meter diameter circle, part of which is surrounded by wire fence.
- The disc weighs 2 kg for men and 1 kg for women. The shot is fired through a circle of 2.5 meters in diameter. Shooters rotate in this circle to provide propulsion to the disc.
- Javelin throw, long arrow / spear-shaped javelin is the sport of throwing the device out of the so-called throw away in accordance with certain rules. In javelin throwing, the runner approaching the firing line throws the javelin forward with a jerk gesture. The javelin used by men weighs 800 g and that of women weighs 600 g.
We studied the sports on the track. Now let’s look for the answer to the question of which are the world’s biggest athletics tracks?
World’s Biggest Athletics Track List
The world’s first athletics track was founded in 1868 by the Amateur Athletics Club in England. It will be remembered that the first athletics race was held on November 1, 1868, in a skating hall in New York.
- Rungrado May Day Stadium (North Korea)
Rungrado May Day Stadium is the main stadium in North Korean capital, Pyongyang. With a capacity of 150,000, the Rungrado May Day Stadium is the largest stadium in the world.
- Azadi Stadium (Iran)
Azadi Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium located in Tehran, Iran. The Azadi Stadium (originally known as Aryamehr Stadium) gets its name from the Persian term “Azadi” which means “freedom.” With a capacity of 84,412 people, the Azadi Stadium is the largest in the world based in Iran on
- Guangdong Olympic Stadium (China)
The Guangdong Olympic Stadium is located in the Chinese city of Guangzhou. The Guangdong Olympic Stadium is the largest stadium in the world.
- Beijing National Stadium (China)
The Beijing National Stadium is the main stadium in the Chinese capital city of Beijing. The Beijing National Stadium is the second largest city in Beijing, China. The Beijing National Stadium is the second largest city in Beijing. The largest in China and the fourth.
As you can see, athletics is a sport that is followed with curiosity all over the world. As Hatko Sport, we are proud to build many athletics tracks such as using athlon flooring around the world. Together with our various ground types, we build the highest quality and safe stadium and athletics tracks. For more information, please contact us.
For more; www.hatkosport.com/pvc-sports-floring/